Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rental car

Voila Rental car!! The prev trip of mine , I did not have a proper license but this time, no sir, no repeating the old issues. I got me a proper license just in time. Got me a rental car from Avis. No other rental car guy would rent it out to me coz I didn’t have a major credit card from US. Sad logic. I got myself a brand new Nissan Altima. Fully loaded car came with keyless system. Keep the remote in the pocket and that’s it. Walk upto the car and press a button on the door handle, door lock opens and starting the car, simple. Button start. Sports car style. Awesome car but driving in US is tensing. There are so many rules to follow. It is so easy to drive in India. No rules are good rules. I’m sure all agree to this.


The biggest headache out here is insurance. You ain’t surviving anywhere without insurance. I took the car without insurance (costs lesser). The savings are good but, its one hell of a risk. Even if somebody else bangs into me, I get screwed big time. Lots of trouble. Gave back the huge amazingly powerful Nissan Altima and got myself the cheapest car. A brand new black Corolla (the one we know as the Corolla Altis in India). No bells and whistles and very basic. This time, I took this with Insurance. Tension gone. I now have the almighty power I can now bang into anybody and not worry about paying for it!! Wicked.