Friday, April 18, 2008

17th april- 2nd week: Hitch Hiking again

....The buses here run in a very diff way.if you book a bus ticket in advance and u reach 5 minutes before bus leaves,its impossible to board the bus.2 hrs before departure a line begins,advance ticket or no,1st come 1st served basis.I wanted to get out of this place.I had planned to go to Washington DC..to meet ShashiKiran, my cousin....which was on fri nite.But thinking bout all the mess about tickets , i thought it best to go book tickets a day in advance..I didn't have a credit card.so all cash payments hence i had to go to the bus station in Philadelphia.i lived an hr away.So I took the city bus and reached up,bought the ticket and then while leaving from there, i thought it was convenient to have dinner and leave..went to an indian restaurant a lil distance from subway terminal.getting back was an episode in itself.I had to go to a terminal by subway and then, take a bus towards my house...by now it was already 930 pm....went to buy something ..it belonged to a bihari guy!!..he was warning me about the place...philadelphia..aka killadelphia.....to add up..the area of the bus station was higher in crime rate....it was 10 pm and no signs of a bus....in the meanwhile, the entire terminal is only filled with some not so friendly looking crowd....all look crazy and dangerous at the same time...was geting me worried ...the city bus finally turned up only to stop 9 miles before my house..!!!!.. they had rescheduled the bus route and this wouldn't go to where i needed it to go....crap....the bus driver ..a  lady driver had misguided me when i'd checked with her.....b^&*#....now i was in the middle of a highway with no signs of life....and lotsa gyaan bout crime....and 9 miles to walk!!! "no way..i'm not walking "...i said to myself.....then begins Hitch hiking part 2....there was a traffic light and cars would obviously stop....one car stopped...nice man ...he was goin close to my house....when i got close to home..then i realized he was gay!!!!! he started talking bout his boyfriend !!....holy shit..!!....i got out immediately and walked up to my house....1/2 km....he was from the weird clan of humans but atleast he was corteous enough to drop me ..he didn't harm me ...i vowed...no more hitch hiking....